16 Responses to “New Profile Prototype, March 2”

1. Amatarasu

Much more streamlined, looks good and functional, and has all the lovely hot spots to touch and expand! Awesome Nookie!! Can’t wait to try it out!

Blessings…

2. Somedude718

I really like the idea of contact history, and the fact that you can add your FetLife link. I also really like the idea that the fetishes all link to wiki pages with other people that are into that fetish. Again, this is looking really nice and I can’t think of any ideas to offer 🙂

3. Todd

Hi Nookie,

Looks fabulous. I like the collapsible functionality a lot. It give me access to lots of different information contained in a person’s profile at a glance in one screen without having to scroll around the entire profile looking for a piece of info. Very nice. Well played. I like the layout of K n I (Kinks n Interests) but you didn’t show where we will be able input our k n I. Perhaps that wasn’t intended for this video, but I hope the ability to add K n I will be in same expanded K n I box on my own profile. Obviously it wont be available to me at all when I’m perusing others profiles.

Keep up the great work! You’re really onto something here.

• NookieNotes

K&I are input from the K&I page, or from any K&I wiki. Not from the profile, at this point.

Most people do not use/view their profile often, it makes sense to have it elsewhere.

4. Aedonix

The only thing I would suggest adding is a floating basic menu bar at the top of the page so that for example your new message notifications and so on are always visible no matter where you are scrolled to on a page.

(Also a “Going up” link at the bottom of the page to instantly scroll back to the top is always useful to have)

• NookieNotes

There will be a floating menu bar at the top. The prototypes are only focused on the pieces of the pages I’m showing you, so I don’t have to create a bunch of code and update it every time I make a change. *smiles*

5. Todd

I suppose it makes sense to have the input K&I elsewhere on your own profile as long as it is clearly delineated where to find the results quickly and easily when you’re first setting up your own profile. I know you already know this, but those first few moments on a new website are critical. Especially when setting up a profile as involved as DK is. That is all the info and likes and dislikes that DK allows you is an outstanding for kinky dating site. As long as I clearly know where to input each category of items and where they will show up for me and others to see it can work to have the input and the ‘where to see them’ in different places. as long as it is clearly delineated would it go a long way toward making a new DK user like me feel like I’m in control of my profile i.e. I put something in, I know where to find quickly and easily. That’s all I’m saying. When I’m new and setting up a new profile I, and I think most web users, like to start with one or two items and quickly see how it will appear to others right away. Then when I’m satisfied and know what to expect I’m off and running. On the hand, if I put something in and I have to fumble around to see what others will see it gets frustrating for me. But knowing you, Nookie, you’ve got that all in your head already. You’re just frying one fish at a time. When will they make coding as easy as what you think automatically comes to life with no bugs and no typing? or *smiles* as you would type.

6. MissV

The Profile Prototype layout and functions look really good. You’ve definitely spent some time on that. Thanks 🙂 I love that the sections collapse. And, thanks for putting the symbol definitions along the top of the Kinks & Interests section.

• NookieNotes

Thanks! Yeah, I’ve been putting a lot of thought into the overall concept and how people are using the site… plus how I’d like the site to be used, long term.

7. Nerdfriend

Please make the Hide button more accessible. I think maybe your match system might like more feedback as to why I want to hide it if it’s going to be any kind neural network learning system.
    I would like to be able to have a “next”/”prev” button if I’ve started via My Matches to get to this profile.

• NookieNotes

Hmmm. Have you seen the matches page? The full profile is not necessary to get a snapshot of the user, and you may not even need to go there. Previous and next would be a complicated option, when added into the matching and search we are putting into place.

It won’t be like the current site at all.

As far as matching feedback, we actually will have a system in place for that. *smiles*

8. Nerdfriend

Could which sections are open/collapsed be saved as part of my profile, so that I always see certain sections open when I view?

• NookieNotes

Yes, i think that can eventually be a thing. It won’t be in the first rollout, but I think in the longer-term that’s a great option. *smiles*